You have decided to go to a networking event. You are a little nervous about going by yourself. And you don't know what to say.
Most people start with 'so what do you do?' There's nothing wrong with that question. But it doesn't really CRANK UP the conversation.
Here are 10 killer opening questions from Vanessa Van Edwards (the Science of People):
1. Tell me about you.
2. What’s your story?
3. What personal passion project are you working on right now?
4. Working on anything exciting lately?
5. How do you know the host?
6. Have you been to an event like this before?
7. What was the highlight of your day today?
8. What was the highlight of your week?
9. What was the high-point and low-point of your day so far?
10. Is this your busy season? Is this a busy time for you?
Try one of these questions as a conversation starter at your next networking event!
Good luck and happy networking!